Skip to main content

Perpetually Peregrine

Added links to more destinations in my ever-growing list of links deep down below at the bottom of this blog page. Added links to . . .

  • Belgium (not been there . . . yet)
  • Denmark (not been there . . . yet)
  • England (lived there for about 3½ years, when I was a teenager; lived in the village of Shenington, and later in Bloxham; this was during my high school years)
  • Guam (been there; was a stop-over when I moved to Okinawa and again when I moved to Thailand)
  • Japan (lived there for about 3½ years, when I was very young; lived on the island of Okinawa; went to kindergarten there, in fact)
  • Philippines (been there; was a stop-over on the return trip from Thailand)
  • Poland (not been there; have had several friends over the years from there; currently have one friend who lives there, in Bialystok; good reason to go visit, if you ask me)
  • Scotland (been there; visited when I lived in England)
  • Sweden (not been there; for some reason, though, I've liked Sweden and have wanted to go there, even to live, since I was about 16 or 17 years old)
  • Switzerland (not been there . . . yet)
  • Thailand (as with Japan, lived there for 3½ years, but this was four years after we had left Japan, so I was 11 years old when we moved there; my junior high school days were spent in Bangkok)
  • Turkey (been there; was a stop-over on my first trip to England, before I moved to England)
  • Vietnam (been there; was a stop-over on the way to Thailand; wasn't allowed to get off the plane, however, as this was at the height of the Vietnam War)
  • Wake Island (been there; a stop-over on the way to Japan)

I've been to a lot of places, and I'd like to go to even more. I'd like to change those "stop-overs" to actual visits. I am, as always, perpetually peregrine.
_____
FOOTNOTE: Did another bit of customization to the code for this blog. The default bullet for unordered lists was a disc. In fact, that's always the default, unless you change it. Wanting to be diff'ent, I changed it to a circle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Again

I spend far too much time at Facebook these days. Time I started blogging again. (Hmm. Now, if I can figure out how to set things up so that I can transmit my blog posts to Facebook, that would be a good thing.) Well, I've figured out — kinda — how to add the widget that will let me send a blog post to Facebook, now if I can just get my highly customised blogskin to recognise and show it. < pause > There! Figured it out. Hehehe. Now I can write a blog post, then post it to Facebook. With the same widget, I can send tweets via Twitter, too, if I ever decide to tweet, that is. (But that's assuming that I have tweeple to whom I can tweet, eh? :P ) This blog needs some serious straightening up! I haz work to do!

Writing: Beating Off the Rust

Well, I'm writing again. Started with a scene that popped into mind and am just making things up as I go along. No idea whatsoever what this tale is about, or where it's going, or if I'll even bother to finish it, or if it'll even capture my imagination in such a way as to hurl me along in its current. So far, however, I'm interested. In any event, I wanted to write something, to lube and prime the old imagination and beat the rust off my storytelling gears. At the very least, I rather like the suspicious mood and disquietude of the opening. It provides for a good hook, I think, which is needed in the opening paragraphs of any tale. For no reason whatsoever, I decided to go with Portuguese names for my characters. It'll be interesting to see what sort of trouble Ezequiel, Ovídio, Teófilo, and Zita find themselves in as the tale progresses.

Goals 2010

I've been wondering if I should do a goal post for this blog or not. One thing I hadn't considered when I decided to use this template was my goals, and where I'd stuff 'em. With my previous template, I had a sidebar in which to stuff 'em. I suppose I could stuff 'em in one of the three columns down below, but that'll likely mean rearranging things. And then there's the goals themselves. I typically write a post rehearsing the previous year's goals, noting where I succeeded and where I failed, and I usually failed more often than succeeded. This year there shall be no rehearsal of last year's goals. I failed miserably. Enough said. Ah, what the hell. I must be insane. Here's some dumbass goals: Find a job. Goal: A–S–A–fucking–P! Yeah, employment would be nice. Lose weight. Goal: 150-159 lbs (68,0-72,1 kgs). This might actually happen . . . sometime during the next century! Of course, it would help if I actually did something to make it ha...